2 Jane Street, Suite 505
Toronto, ON. M6S 4W3
We all know what to do if we’re really sick or injured and need treatment right away - we go to the emergency room or we call an ambulance. But what do you do if you have a dental emergency? Your regular dentist may not be able to see you but it’s important that you get immediate care. As with any severe health issue, the faster you get treatment, the better your outcome will be.
In this article, we’ll tell you why it’s so important to deal with a dental emergency immediately and why you should have an emergency dentist on speed dial. We’ll tell you:
- What kind of issues an emergency dentist can deal with
- Why it’s so important to see an emergency dentist right away if you have a dental emergency
- Why it’s important to have an emergency dentist on speed dial
At Bloor West Smiles, if you need emergency dental care in Toronto, we’re here for you. We can help you right away if you run into any kind of dental emergency - from a broken tooth to jaw pain.
What kind of issues can an emergency dentist deal with?
You likely see your dentist once or twice a year for a regular check-up and teeth cleaning. This kind of work isn’t urgent and can be put off for a bit if necessary. But if you have any of the following dental emergency issues, you must arrange for emergency dental care immediately:
- Swelling in your mouth
- Chipped, broken, partially dislodged or knocked-out teeth
- A lost crown or filling
- An abscess - this is an infection that occurs around the root of a tooth or in the space between the teeth and gums.
- Bleeding or pain after a tooth extraction beyond what your dentist told you to expect
- Injuries to your cheeks, jaws or lips
All of these issues can be addressed by us in emergency dental care.
Why is it important to see an emergency dentist right away?
There are three main reasons it’s so important to seek out emergency dental care right away:
- You’ll increase the chances of saving your teeth. The faster you can get to emergency dental care after an injury to your teeth, the more likely your dentist can repair or save your tooth. If possible, find and bring along all pieces of the tooth, even if it’s been completely knocked out.
- Avoid having to deal with unnecessary pain. If you have any kind of dental emergency, you are likely in a lot of pain. The longer you put off treatment, the longer you will have to suffer for no reason. An emergency dentist can promptly provide you with treatment as well as medication to lessen your pain.
- Reduce the risk of infection. Infection is a serious concern for any type of injury. The longer an infection is untreated, the more damage it can do. An untreated infection in your mouth can spread to other parts of your body which could make you seriously ill.
It’s important for all of these reasons to seek out emergency dental care right away.
Why is it important to have an emergency dentist on speed dial?
It’s important to have an emergency dentist on ‘speed dial’ so if you do need emergency care, you don’t waste valuable time trying to find someone who is local and immediately available. If you are already connected with an emergency dentist, then you know who to contact right away if you are injured or have any other kind of dental emergency.
How can Bloor West Smiles help me if I need Toronto emergency dental care?
At Bloor West Smiles, we’re here for all your emergency dental needs. Whether you’ve had a tooth knocked out or are dealing with a sudden, severe toothache, we can provide prompt service to help address your issue.
Our staff has extensive experience dealing with dental emergencies and can provide you with the timely care you need. We can fit you in with a same-day appointment or even immediate care as necessary. If it’s after hours, our answering machine will provide you with details on how to access emergency dental care.
We’re here to help you with any Toronto emergency dental care you need.
You’re Ready If You Have a Dental Emergency
Now you know why it’s so important to deal with a dental emergency immediately - and making sure you have an emergency dentist on speed dial can help you do this.
In this article, we’ve talked about:
- What kind of issues an emergency dentist can deal with - from toothaches and abscesses to broken or knocked-out teeth.
- Why it’s so important to see an emergency dentist right away if you have a dental emergency. The sooner you get treatment, the better your outcome will be. You’ll suffer less pain, and you’re less likely to get an infection or have a current infection spread.
- Why it’s important to have an emergency dentist on speed dial. It’s hard to make decisions in an emergency and the last thing you want to do in a state of shock or pain is to start looking for a dentist who can help you right away. By selecting one in advance, you’re prepared for any dental emergencies.
At Bloor West Smiles, we’ll provide prompt service for all your emergency dental care needs. No matter what your dental emergency is, we can help you.
Add Us to Your Speed Dial
To learn more about how to deal with a dental emergency, call Bloor West Smiles at 647-371-1407 or contact us here.